The Policy Administration Specialist is responsible for assisting the Underwriter and Policy Administration Manager in executing growth and profit initiatives by ensuring system information and workflows are current/accurate, collecting and documenting information and providing exemplary administrative support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Update OSC policy management system with new and renewal policies including coverages, rates and deductibles (create filings, rate charts, etc.)
- Analyze carrier file exceptions and respond timely with adjustments or corrections.
- Monitor and QC carrier file enhancements via CSRs.
- Assist Underwriter(s) with the day to day technical and daily management of accounts including administrative responsibilities, data entry, and customer support
- Prepare new and renewal account information and document automated systems in order for the Underwriter to make a sound underwriting decision
- Enter submissions into selected carrier system(s) based on underwriting guidelines
- Request supporting documentation from retail agent and/or carrier, including inspections, loss control reports and other information as needed
- Process new business, renewals, endorsements and cancellations including requests to bind coverage and requesting supporting documents from retail agent.
- Processes affidavit filings as required and directed
- Understand and adhere to state tax requirements (including surplus lines tax) and assist where needed to ensure compliance.
- Issue insurance policies and endorsements by gathering appropriate information and electronic forms and assembling them in the appropriate format for distribution to customers.
- Review policies, endorsements, and other account activity for accuracy.
- Record and attach policies, endorsements and appropriate correspondence in automated systems to ensure a thoroughly documented file.
- Distribute policies and endorsements to appropriate representatives and customers.
- Achieve and maintain proficiency with on-line systems.
- Ensure software is property configured to represent the policy.
- Assist with file audits and claims as needed.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the insurance industry through continuing education and self-study.
- Provide high level of customer service and maintain workflow within company standards.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Associate’s degree in related field and one year of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior insurance experience is strongly preferred
- Proven ability to work effectively in a remote work setting with daily contact from team members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and ability to use technology effectively and efficiently
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
If you are a self-motivated, results-oriented administrative professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please send your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources department.
EOE – qualified veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com