This Position is a Hybrid Position where part of the time is remote and part is in the office.
Work Hours: Hours are determined on a rotating schedule between:
9a-5:30pm, 10a-6:30pm, 10:30am-7pm
The Loss Administration Assistant is responsible for inbound calls related to claims and loss drafts and providing courteous professional service to all callers. The Loss Administrations specialist will assist in monitoring the claim and repair process for losses suffered by borrowers and accurately document activity pertaining to the claim.
- Answer the phones in a timely manner, collect claim information, and enter the appropriate information and attachments into company systems
- Provide information to callers regarding the expectations and next steps after their claim or loss draft has been submitted
- Obtain claim data/information needed to help process claims, including contacting the insured or other involved persons to obtain missing information
- Accurately complete insurance claim forms; review related documents to ensure they are complete and accurate
- Navigate systems tools and screens efficiently and effectively (e.g., keyboard skills, macros, shortcuts) and use appropriate systems / platforms / applications to enter and update provider and contract information
- Collect and evaluate required documentation in order to monitor repairs of damaged homes and/or property and maintain contact with the borrower throughout the repairs to ensure funds are disbursed and inspections are ordered in a timely manner
- Order property inspections to ensure repairs are being completed correctly and timely
- Accurately document all activity throughout the process in servicing database.
- Demonstrate patience, empathy and professionalism when interacting with borrowers and third-party vendors
- Other related projects as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
- High school diploma or GED required and one year of related experience. Associate degree is preferred
- Strong data entry and computer skills, including Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Basic math and accounting skills.
- General knowledge of overall mortgage lending processes and documents required by conventional and government mortgage loans, terminology, and applicable compliance and regulatory requirements related to insurance.
- General knowledge of the types of hazard insurance.
- Prior claims or loss draft experience preferred, but not required.
If you are a self-motivated, results-oriented administrative professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please send your cover letter and resume.
EOE – Qualified minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.75 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org