Website Breckenridge Group
The Compliance Specialist is responsible for ensuring surplus lines taxes are filed in compliance with state requirements by processing, handling, reporting and requesting payment for transactions for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing surplus lines transactions for production teams, based on the states they have been assigned, within the deadlines set by those state entities; including affidavit processing, providing copies of policies to the state (if required), recording transactions, etc.
- Complete and file accurate tax reports on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis meeting timeliness and payment requirements for each state;
- Run reports and verify data to ensure accuracy of information;
- Update database as a appropriate and keep appropriate documentation to support tax filings as well as track of the status of the tax filing on each transaction;
- Research, monitor and implement changes required to insure compliance with each state’s surplus lines requirements;
- Assist with the development and implementation of changes on surplus lines procedures for the office to insure regulatory compliance;
- Assisting with surplus lines audits – verifying transactions, documents and filings;
- Work closely with Corporate Compliance as well as other departments, divisions and personnel as needed on surplus lines transaction processing and reporting to ensure data and reporting integrity;
- Other related projects as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in accounting or related field and one years of surplus lines tax filing experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong mathematical skills
- Proficiency with computers, including familiarity with MS office products, especially Excel
- Must understand and interpret complex tax laws
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to organize manage multiple priorities with appropriate prioritization
If you are a self-motivated team player with strong attention to detail, please forward your resume to our Human Resources department.
EOE – Qualified veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com