Website Breckenridge Insurance
This position would be remote- candidates located on the East coast preferred
The Underwriting Assistant is responsible for assisting the Underwriter in executing growth and profit initiatives by collecting and documenting information and providing exemplary administrative support.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist Underwriter with the day to day technical and daily management of accounts including administrative responsibilities, renewals and client requests
- Prepare new and renewal account information and document automated systems in order for the Underwriter to make a sound underwriting decision
- Enter submissions into selected carrier system(s) based on underwriting guidelines
- Process new business, renewals, endorsements and cancellations including requests to bind coverage, requesting supporting documents from retail agent and/or carrier, preparing invoices, requesting inspections, and corresponding with retail agent and/or carrier as needed
- Review policies, endorsements, and other account activity for accuracy
- Processes affidavit filings as required and directed
- Understand and adhere to state tax requirements
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the insurance industry through continuing education, self-study, and seminar attendance
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate’s degree in insurance, risk management, business or related field
- At least two years of commercial lines insurance experience in an MGA/MGU setting or retail P&C insurance agency experience preferred
- Proven ability to work effectively in a remote work setting with daily contact from team members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and ability to use technology effectively and efficiently
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
If you are a self-motivated, results-oriented administrative professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please send your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources department.
EOE – qualified veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org