Website Breckenridge Insurance Services
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION FOR CANDIDATES IN THE PACIFIC OR MOUNTAIN TIME ZONES.
The Associate Broker is responsible for working with retail agents and carriers to obtain specialized insurance coverage for insureds. The Associate Broker will work closely with a team to meet growth, profit and production initiatives by developing positive and productive business relationships with retail agents, producers, carriers, co-workers and others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a book of new and renewal accounts within assigned territory by evaluating the viability of accounts through opportunity assessment and requesting information from retail agents as needed to ensure a thorough and accurate review of accounts
- Submit risks to appropriate markets for consideration; review carrier quotes for accuracy prior to processing
- Review requests to bind coverage to ensure accuracy before processing
- Set and attain goals for book management including but not limited to, production, agency visits, product updates, collection issues, hit ratios, legal environment, market changes
- Manage and cultivate existing relationships with business partners (retailer and carrier based) to secure and expand recurring revenue streams
- Ensure individual production goals are met, making course corrections as needed
- Provide timely and accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting to the Regional VP
- Participate in and support an interdependent cross sell environment
- Provide effective communication, supervision, and development of support staff, including performance reviews and salary recommendations
- Participate in recruiting efforts of personnel such as new brokers, underwriters and support staff
- Manage the day-to-day efforts of support staff and ensure smooth functioning, cohesive production units, including reviewing and approving expenses for direct reports
- Implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization
- Participate in and support specialty focus teams
- Effectively offer solutions to business challenges inside area of focus
- Maintain increasing knowledge of insurance industry markets, products, and legal environments, via continuing education, seminars, and self-study, to provide a value-added service to Producers
- Participate in industry trade association events such as Target Markets, NAPSLO, AAMGO, PLUS, etc.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and two years of casualty insurance experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience; this is an entry-level position for brokers who are beginning to develop relationships in the marketplace and building a book of business
- a moderate amount of guidance and mentoring are expected in order to develop knowledge and skills
- NOTE: A higher level broker will be responsible for the budget and revenue of an Associate Broker until the Associate Broker is promoted to Broker.
If you are a self-motivated, results-oriented insurance professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please send your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources department.
EOE – qualified veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org