The Compliance Analyst is an experienced surplus lines tax filer who is responsible for ensuring surplus lines taxes are filed in compliance with state requirements by processing, handling, reporting, and requesting payment for transactions for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process surplus lines transactions for production teams, based on the states they have been assigned, within the deadlines set by those state entities; including affidavit processing, providing copies of policies to the state (if required), recording transactions, etc.;
- Work independently and efficiently on the most complex filings to meet state deadlines with minimal supervision
- Complete and file accurate tax reports on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis meeting timeliness and payment requirements for each state;
- Run reports and verify data to ensure accuracy of information;
- Update databases as appropriate and maintain appropriate documentation to support tax filings, as well as track of the status of the tax filing on each transaction;
- Research, monitor and implement changes required to ensure compliance with each state’s surplus lines requirements;
- Assist with the development and implementation of changes on surplus lines procedures for the office to ensure regulatory compliance;
- Assisting with surplus lines audits – verifying transactions, documents and filings;
- Work closely with Corporate Compliance and Accounting as well as other departments, divisions, and personnel as needed on surplus lines transaction processing and reporting to ensure data and reporting integrity; and
- Other related projects as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in accounting or related field and at least four years of surplus lines tax filing experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong mathematical skills
- Proficiency with computers, including familiarity with MS office products, especially Excel
- Must understand and interpret complex tax laws
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to organize manage multiple priorities with appropriate prioritization
If you are a self-motivated team play with strong attention to detail, please forward your resume to our Human Resources department.
EOE – Qualified veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com