ATLANTA, Ga., April 7, 2015 — Breckenridge Insurance Group has strategically evolved its market presence and capabilities with the integration of Regional Excess Underwriters (REU). This has resulted in significantly increased product, service and specialty offerings as well as several new offices for the organization.
“We’re dedicated to offering unparalleled access to a range of specialized insurance solutions in the marketplace,” stated Tracey Carragher, chief executive officer of Breckenridge Insurance Group. “With this integration, we have enhanced our ability to deliver competitive value to our clients and added distribution to our carrier partners.”
As a result of the integration, several changes have occurred:
– The Breckenridge Insurance Services wholesale brokerage division has nearly doubled in size and further supports all lines of commercial risks with experienced professionals nationwide
– The newly named contract binding team—Breckenridge Elevation Authorities—has greater diversity and depth of managing general agent (MGA) underwriting authority for property, earthquake, flood, inland marine, general liability and umbrella/excess coverage needs
– Industry veteran Robert Matamoros is now senior vice president of operations for the brokerage and underwriting divisions of Breckenridge Insurance Group
– Sonya O’Malley, SPHR, CEBS, is now vice president of human resources of Breckenridge Insurance Group
– Breckenridge Insurance Group will expand its offices in Chicago, Illinois and Dallas, Texas and will now have locations in four new cities including Portland, Maine; Charlotte, North Carolina; Jacksonville, Florida; and Morgantown, West Virginia among 14 main offices and several satellite offices nationwide
About Breckenridge Insurance Group:
Breckenridge Insurance Group, headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., is a nationally known specialty wholesale insurance broker, program manager, MGA and insurance services provider. The company serves independent insurance agents and brokers and financial institutions nationwide. Companies include Blue River Underwriters, OSC, Breckenridge Insurance Services and Breckenridge Elevation Authorities contract binding group. The team provides access to diverse commercial insurance products, programs and contract binding authorities for varied industries, businesses and professionals through its national and international carrier partnerships. Areas of specialty include: property and casualty, products liability, professional liability, workers’ compensation and lender-placed insurance, tracking and compliance. For more information, please visit www.breckgrp.com or call 678.322.3535. CA Insurance License #0G13592.